Latest Trip Report - Back To Darwin From Qld

Chris

Hi everyone,

here is my latest trip report. There is a recipe, and some photos, including ones of our rest stops on the Barkly Highway. It wasn't as dry as the photos suggest!

I do hope you enjoy reading it.

Chris

Stage_24_Brisbane_to_Darwin.doc

Another good read as always :thumbsup:

I like the pics and the recipe is a top idea - made me hungry though looking at the pic and recipe.

i'll have to make some of those. :biggrin:

Cheers

Darryl

You're too kind, dazmit. By the way, you can make the sausage rolls in a camp oven.

Chris

Chris, the sausage rolls look great - I will certainly try them! I tried your Pumpkin and Broccoli Pasta in white wine and sundried tomato cream sauce after your last post, and it was delicious. My vegetarian son and his finacee loved it too.

Jeanne

You are welcome Jeanne and Geoff!

It is interesting how many people are heading towards non-meat dishes. We try to eat some non-meat protein at least twice or three times a week. Yes, the pasta was delicious wasn't it? Next time I am passing that way i will thank the chef who gave it to me.

Chris

Thanks for the excellent report, Chris.

Kind of missing the red wine stories though - you and Val haven't gone on the wagon, have you? ;-)

Not a big fan of sausage rolls but those ones do look good and might be worth a go in the WeberQ - didn't know they could look so easy to make.

Keep them coming!

No David, we haven't gone on the wagon! But probably drinking a bit less than while on the road. Don't know how that happens...maybe those lovely evenings sitting outside? Or the lovely wineries/ Or the good company to share a bottle with? Etc.

I understand that the sausage rolls are fine in a bbq kettle - anything which gets the heat up a bit. Val loves the rolls, and if he's anywhere nearby when theyr'e being made, adds lots of chilli. A bit hard on the unsuspecting folk who eat them.

Once in Alice Springs I made some as an afternoon snack with 5pm drinks, to be shared with the vanning couple next door. The idea was to have some for dinner later, with salad. The male half of the folk who came for drinks coudn't stop eating them, and although embarrassed at how many he was eating, couldn't stop. It was so funny - he ate them all. I was delighted to have someone appreciate my cooking so much.

Chris

Hi Chris,

My waistline thanks you very much for the sausage roll recipe. I made two batches last weekend and the family thoroughly enjoyed them. Dazmit must have smelled them cooking from his place and popped in at just the right time. They all went down very nicely.

Thanks

Ahh Sue, so it's NOT the faulty washing machine in your van, which shrinks the clothes?!! I have dined out on that one....

Chris

But it IS Chris, honest. And now the machine at home is doing it too ! It seem to be some sort of spreading virus - so whatever you do - be careful !

:confused1:

Alas Sue, it is too late!! I think we need to report it to Kedron.

Chris