Annexe Flooring

cvtripper

Picked up one of the CGear annexe mats this week after seeing Laurie and Helen's at Kenilworth - quite impressed.

http://www.cgear.com/default.htm

All we need now is the helicopter.

Just thought I'd let anyone considering purchasing one know that there will be a price increase of 10% at the end of July, so now's the time to get in.

David,

I have just noticed this message. A bit tardy at this end...

What do these mats look like? Is the same as Webby and Jacky Jacky have? And Peter Flynn? If so, they look great, but I recall they do weigh a bit.

What persuaded you to get one?

Chris

Chris,

They are 2 layers of shade cloth with a heavy Duty edging and metal loops sewn in so you can peg them down. Comes complete with carry bag.

The weight is'nt too bad.

We are using one at the moment under the annexe of the camper trailer and it works really well as dirt and sand falls straight through the matting and at the same time stopping it from coming up through from the under side.

Good piece of kit imo.

Hi Chris,

As the Robbo's have said, the CGear is a 2 layer mat that prevents dirt and sand from coming through. They have a demo in a sand box. If you pour sand on it, it falls through and doesn't come back through.

I don't think Sue & Ann's or Peter's is the same mat, but I might be wrong.

What made me choose this one?

I'd seen the the ad for a long time (the helicopter ad) and realised that it could double as a landing pad - the 200 kicks up a bit of dust as it flys in - if you had a Nissan, you wouldn't need one. (See Nissan thread)

Seriously, I'd been waiting to have a look at one after seeing the ads, and spotted Laurie and Helen's and Kenilworth and noticed at the end of the weekend, despite the rain, the mat was still pretty clean. Laurie and Helen seemed pretty pleased with it and didn't hesitate to recommend it.

It comes with it's own carry bag and despite being a double mat doesn't weigh twice as much as a single mat - it's quite light actually and I'd say lighter than the shade cloth we used in our last van.

We bought the 6 x 2.4m version and it's folded size is pretty compact.

We haven't used it yet, but I did open it up and it went back in the bag easily.

It has 24 D rings sewn into it, so only problem is all the damn pegs that I'll have to hammer in now!

Will let you know how good/bad it is next week after we start using it.

Feel free to ask Laurie and Helen, or the Robbo's, any questions as they're the experts - our's is still shiny ;-)

There are cheaper mats around and shade cloth is cheaper but we found it slippery.

The camec mat is more expensive, so price seemed OK to us.

David is correct. We have the Camec mat not CGear. Yes it is a bit more expensive but we love it.

I have heard from others that the CGear is very good too. Each to their own I guess.

Hmmm, but Sue, yours was quite heavy as I recall. I wonder if David's CGear is lighter? Weight is becoming more of an issue to us now with a heavier van on order :biggrin: and a front loader washing machine inside it.

But I do like the sound of the CGear. I also liked the look of yours (and Peter's).

And thanks David for this nice additional detail!

Chris