Catching Up With Fellow Koggers.

Chris

I am at present in Katherine (Top End of NT) doing some work (sigh...) and on my way to morning appointments today I had a call on my mobile from Peter and Margaret Flynn to say they were on their way through Katherine. Well that was sad (that I had missed them) - but wait there's more.

Guess where they are staying in Darwin? At the same park Val is staying at tonight - he's in town for a 'leadership meeting' - and he's staying there in a cabin. I will be there also later this week. As we speak Val is over chatting to them, the lucky sod. I will see them on Wednesday or Thursday night.

What a coincidence, hey?

Chris

Ask him how his trip report is going Chris.

:shutup:

All these KOGGERS leaving Brissie and promising to send trip reports so that we can all be there in spirit, instead of stuck at W-O-R-K

He's the second one now. :sad:

Within seconds of catching up with Peter and Margaret, I asked "How's the Trip Report coming on?". He said "You have been speaking to Suzie Q!!".

We had a chat last night over a few glasses of something wet, and caught up - briefly- on their trip so far. What a coincidence that we are staying at the same place.

I will see them again this afternoon, and remind them again of the trip report. On your behalf...

Chris

Update:

Peter is preparing his trip report! I can verify this - he was hard at it day before yesterday, and I witnessed the sore fingers, the calloused elbows (resting on the table), the furrowed brow, and the holier-than-thou expression on his face at the prospect of having it done.

I am sure he feels we have pressured him to get it done...he was muttering feebly under his breath about "people putting one under pressure to get dratted trip reports done...don't they know I am having fun out here, not writing trip reports!". Or something along those lines. Margaret was ferrying cooling drinks to the slave labouring away.

Anyway, it looks a goodie and will be worth the wait. Photos and everything.

Chris

Chris tried to catch up at adelaide River now looks like we have missed you in Katherine.

Maybe one day catch up. My mobile no. 042 8890551. lynda and Len

Leaving Katherine sunday night for Borroloola and King Ash Bay.

Hi webby and everyone else .

We must have passed Peter and Margaret Flynn somewhere.

See you both back in Brisbane

Hi Lynda and Len.

We do seem to be having bad luck with catching up! We were out bush when your message was left on our mobile phone - and you were gone by the time we got back.

Right now we are out at Peppimenarti, on the Port Keats Road (about 3 hours west from Adelaide River). The van looks so forlorn in the back yard, especially with its fridge out. That's down at Katherine being fixed.

Have you been out at King Ash Bay before? I am wondering what it is like...so many folk head out there. I am not a keen fisherperson, so a spot has to be physically appealing for me to go there.

Webby,

yes I think he actually WAS enjoying writing it, once he got started. So we have really done him a favour by asking him to do it.

Chris

We're at King Ash Bay at the moment - not much here except fishing - internet and phone has been dodgy for the past week.

Lynda & Len strolled over this yesterday afternoon. A couple of other Kedrons here but we haven't caught up yet.

Chris, sorry, Darwin has been and gone!

Jane is winning in the fish stakes with a 78cm Barra - biggest I've seen at the moment as they're pretty scarce - she caught it at Limmen Bight.

Off for a fish today - I'll try to sneak out without here so I can try to catch up...

And, Webby, our trip report is coming - honest! It's just that the internet reception isn't real good...

• 2 weeks later...