On the road again....

RussnSue

Well Sue and I and the Kedron had planned to spend the winter in Queensland but we got a great job offer in WA and will be heading over there for a couple of months.

We'll be leaving Mackay on the 22nd of March and will be going via Townsville, Hughenden, the Isa, Camooweal, Tennant Creek, Katherine, Kununurra, Derby, Broome to Karratha, stopping at points of interest along the way. We have just over a month to get there. We're sticking to the blacktop on the way over as the "wet" won't have finished before we get to WA.

We'll be caretaking at the historic village of Cossack while there, so any Koggers going that way, be sure to drop in and say g'day. Maybe we'll see some of you on the road on the way over.

After Cossack we'll have six weeks to get back to Cairns, where we are joining up with friends for a trip up the Cape.

See you on the road...

Cheers

Russ

Kimbo,

Cossack is north of Karratha, where the world's biggest sandfly's live,

but the crabbing and fishing is great.

Jackie and i had a great time around there.

regard's Tom and Jackie

so where exactly is the village of Cossack in WA???

Regards

Hi Kimbo,

Cossack is between Roebourne and Point Sampson on the Pilbara Coast. It is about 35Km from Karratha and yes, the sandflies are both large and in abundance. We lived at Karratha for almost 9 years and know the area well.

Additionally, our daughter and two of our Grandies are at Karratha and we'll be able to see a fair bit of them.

Cheers,

Russ.

Might see you up The Cape Russ. We'll be up there around that time.

:thumbsup:

G'day Sue,

we'll keep an eye out for you. Will you have access to the Internet as you travel?

Cheers

Russ

OH Ok

Just happens that of Monday We are on the rd as well and you guessed it we are heading towards the Kimberlies and the Pilbara Xmas sounds like a good time to come home I reckon :biggrin:

Regards

OH Ok

Just happens that of Monday We are on the rd as well and you guessed it we are heading towards the Kimberlies and the Pilbara Xmas sounds like a good time to come home I reckon :biggrin:

Regards

Kimbo,

do you have a rough itenary of where you'll be and when?

Cheers

Russ

Kimbo,

To both you & Ned have a wonderful trip

I'm sitting here at the desk green with envy.....one day soon we will get over to the west

Once again best wishes

Hi Russ

To tell you the truth we have no set plans at all and are leaving here to head to Mackay to visit the son and a spot of fishing of the reef then I will move slowly towards the west and probably will head back home later in the year.

I will be able to get emails and watch this site I will keep in contact

Regards

thanks for that Tony 1st days driving is going to be huge about 1 hrs drive to meet up with Chris and Val up near Gloucester :biggrin:

The HF will be on all the time during the day so you should be able to call me up sellcall no 4928

regards

Could be a month or so before we get that far up so unless another cyclone comes along I think all will be Ok

Cant be that bad spoke to Scott this morning and he was at a mates place getting ready for a cyclone party this afternoon :smile: I guess he cant work with all the rain they are getting???