How to remove down-light?

Webmaster

The light shown in the photo below sits above our café-style dining table.  We had it changed from the original halogen bulb to LED several years ago.  Unfortunately, the LED's have given up the ghost.

So, my question - does anyone know how to remove the mounting from the cupboard (assuming that is necessary) so that we can replace the LED fitting?

Thanks  in advance

:D

20160317_173329.jpg

Hi LeaA

It appears to be the same as some of our lights in which I fitted LED bulbs some time back. It's a fiddly job and if I recall correctly, the outer black part is held in the metal fitting by a couple of small lugs, and with care that can be separated from the metal section. The section holding the LED/bulb sits in the outer part.

After plugging the new LED in, check that it works before reassembling as I think if plugged in the wrong way, the light may not work.

It is fiddly but patience will overcome.

Regards

Barry   

• Like 1

Oh Rick,

I sympathize with you, this is a bugger of a light to fit. I tried so many different ways that I can't remember which one worked.

I do remember that a lot of swearing and cursing certainly helped and I do remembering that I wish it was as easy as changing all four tires at once. ............:P

Good luck my friend 

• Like 2

Good Morning LeaL

To remove the globe [light] the small black ring next to the globe is a bit like a surclip [which has 3  small tabs on it ] can rotate, just carefully prise this out & then you can pull the globe out & check the pins on the back of it & get a replacement Led & it just pushes back into place & put surclip back in. Hope this helps.

Neville.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice folks.  The swearing and cussing part has already been taken care of, but I'm quite sure there will be more.  We start a new house-sit in a couple of days, and that's when the deed will be attempted.  I'm being brave, but I plan on hiding out somewhere - looking after the calves perhaps?

Cheers