Blacker Update

blackie

:shades: Greetings all, well after a short sojourn at Longreach , it was off to Mt Isa to fill the cupboards for approx 4 wks in the bush. We leave for Camooweal in the morning then it's on to the Gulf, Towns Rv then Lorella Springs, across the Savannah Way to Kingfisher Camp & Lawn Hill. Hope the Barra are ready for us. We'll give you all an update when we next have coverage.

Blackie & Elle :thumbsup:

That's what it's all about, hey guys? Gosh how I envy them, sitting here in an office, files piled up next to me. Next year, just wait.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greeting David & Jane & all the other KOGers,

Shane & I are spending a 24 hr stop in Borroloola to catch up on our emails & internet. After leaving Mt Isa we headed into the NT & spent 2 weeks at Limmen Bight fishing camp - had a great time there ate plenty of fsh & crab. Then it was a quick flit across to Lorella Springs where we spent 12 days. The fishing camp was once again visited with friutful results - lots of BIG Queenies again. We've always been told they aren't good eating & not to freeze them - well we did both with excellent results, as long as they were over the 50cm long. We leave for Kingfisher camp in the morning , then onto Adels Grove

Hope you're all well , we are looking forward to seeing those coming to Stanthorpe.

Til next time.

Cheers Balckie & Elle

I have created a special section in our "Other Stuff" for everyone to be able to follow the Blackers' journey.

All their trip reports will be posted in there by either Elle or myself so feel free to post your comments or messages to them after each report.

Cheers

Hi Cheryl & Wayne ,

just curious?? How was Manangoora. We hven't been there (yet) but may put it on the list next year.

If you are anywhere near Kingfisher camp , go there it is lovely , very green & very & relaxing.

Safe Travels

Elle

Hi Shane & Ellie,

Lucky sounds like you missed the flys at Kingfisher, I do remember it was pretty stunning but the flies nearly carried us away when we were there. Happy Travelling.

:thumbsup: Cheers Graham & Cathy

PS Grahams pretty peeved as he had planned to go up North too for the winter but I had a trip booked to go home & see mother! See you guys at the wine trip. :smile:

We spent 14 days at Manangoora, with not a lot of fish to be had, but lots and lots of crabs, did not go into Kingfisher Camp the Savannah Way was terrible in places don't you agree, but were very happy with the way our topender travelled as this is our first long trip in it, we reckon the road was worse in places than the Gibb River Road we travelled with a camper trailer 2 years ago.

We are sort of sorry we did not go to Limmen where we usually go but think the weather turned cold for us at the wrong time. As we had only 4 weeks we are currently on our way back home to Hervey Bay.

Wayne & Cheryl Byrne

Hi David & Jane

We travelled from Hervey Bay to Boroloola via Barkly & Cape Crawford, got there in 5 days not really pushing it as it was our first big trip in the topender. Went into Manangoora and sat on the riverbank there for 15 days, did lots of fishing, not always fruitful and crabbing which was tops! Headed home through the Savannah Way which we found to be quite rough, but the van travelled well. Had a bit of a spell at the Gregory River and arrived home Tuesday PM. We did not really intend to do anything else only maybe go into Kingfisher Camp but did not do that.

Cheryl & Wayne