VALE - Peter Cross

Webby

It is with sadness we inform KOG Members of the passing of Peter Cross “Crossy”this morning. Peter struggled with the effects of mesothelioma for many years. Peter was a member of the group prior to its incorporation and he and his wife Glenys attended many of our gatherings. Peter is survived by his wife and daughters Angela and Melissa. 

His big heart and larrikin sense of humour will be sadly missed. 

FC0E500E-DD1A-491D-99D4-9D6E5435F93A.thumb.jpeg.d085741f4676902f5f310713bb6b9aa7.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up Webby.

The posted photo of Peter with the Australian singer Beccy Cole was taken some years ago. At the time, Peter and Glenys were on a tag-a-long musical tour with Beccy and her Aussie Road Crew.

‘Crossy’ had suffered ill health for the 18 or so years that we knew him, but he was always up for a good chat and a laugh. He was an Aussie larrikin and a good man. 

Our thoughts are with Glenys and her family during this sad time.

Margaret and I will attend his funeral.

Wendy & I had the pleasure of meeting Peter & Glenys way back in October 2007 just after we took delivery of our brand new ATV2.

It was a chance meeting (can’t remember where) we where having a ‘shakedown’ trip with the van.

Peter’s advice & tips have stayed with me till this day, Glenys’s attempts to advise also were often drowned out by Pete’s contact chatter.

VALE Peter

• Like 1