TV Reception

blackie

Greetings from Dubbo.

Is everyone enjoying a brilliant reception from their TVs. We weren't , it was at the best average BUT our new TV has a DVB setting & after tuning into the local stations here it is now crystal clear Yahoo!!

If anyone is floating through this way we'd love to meet up. We'll be here for another 2 months yet.

Elle & Blackie

Hi Shane and Elle.

I just thought I would mention that there is awonderful national park camp site that was free when we stayed there a year or so ago, and only a day's travel from Dubbo; Weddin Mountains NP. We just loved it there. I would insert a photo here but I have forgotten how to and have lost Webby's instructions.

Chris

here ya go Chris

Scroll down and ya will see add attachments :laugh: :biggrin:

hit the reply buton first but :thumbsup:

Bruce,

DVB is just digital TV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Video_Broadcasting

If you have a receiver it'll be crystal clear or not at all.

If you don't have a receiver built into your TV, a STB can be purchased for around $60.

I've found it interesting that we've had only ABC and SBS in a couple of locations on the digital but the commercial channels have been available on analog (Mt Isa is one place I recall) considering the analog system is supposed to be phased out.

Sat is the way to go. :thumbsup:

Elle & Shane, glad you're settled in and have something to do now :biggrin:

Cheers

Hi David,

Thank you for the direction on T.V. signals. Kedron is now fitting TEAC 21" TVs which do recieve digital, they are $300 more than the set they used to fit. We will now be on the pace.

Our previous van was a Coromal which we owned for 6 years and we didn't have a tool like the Kedron Owners site which we have found to be a great asset.

Kind Regards,

Bruce :thumbsup:

post-45-1221020116_thumb.jpg[Thanks Kimbo for the advice. I will probably forget it again in future...

Here is a shot of our van at Weddin Mountains NP.

Chris