Washing Machines

Daisy379

Hi all

We're thinking about buying a washing machine, so we'd like feedback from anyone who owns one. I'm upgrading from a bucket and trusty plumber's plunger!

I'm thinking about the Lemair but any info would be gratefully received regarding reliability, ease of servicing, where to buy, cost, other models etc. We're currently getting our Landcruiser modified and we plan to carry it in the back of the vehicle.

thanks

Jackie & Tom

Jackie and Tom,

we had a Lemair which we carried in the back of the LC for three or four years as we travelled around Oz. It was a wonderful unit and we had absolutely no problems with it. When we ordered the new van we had a Dometic front loader machine installed and are wrapt in it too.

There is no doubt that having your own machine is a real bonus; no queuing at the laundry, having the machine close to hand to hang out the washing, and you know exactly what was put in it at the last wash!

(Some folk in laundries wash all sorts of things in machines...).

I got tired of constantly bringing in or packing away the Lemair, and the attendant plumbing it in etc. Also, some parks don't allow you to use your own machines these days - if its inside the van they don't know about it!

We have the Lemair for sale if you would like it...? :laugh:

Chris

Jackie and Tom

We carried a Lemair around when we had the Kimberley Kamper and we now have the front-loader in the van. Haven't had trouble with either. The smaller footprint of the Lemair would be better to stow and it will be the cheapest option.

Curiously, the Lemair actually uses less water than the front-loader does for an equivalent wash cycle! I thought that low water use was one of the big advanages of the front-loader. Maybe we are using the wrong cycle for a "normal-wash". Anyone got any ideas about this?

Cheers

Russ n Sue

Chris, Russ & Sue,

Thanks for info. I hadn't considered not being able to use it in van parks. Our van is only 16'6" so definitely no room to put a washer inside. It's good to know that the Lemair is reliable.

Cheers

Jackie

Has anyone had any problems with water coming out of their Lemair?

In the last month or so, when we arrive there is wet under my washing machine. Can only guess that it is coming out of the machine somehow, from the little that stays in there when the washing if finished?

This has only just started happening.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Jody