Help us with our Keddy

sellinup

We have finally sold our house, and with the Brisbane Caravan and Camping show coming up, we will be looking at placing an order for out Keddy. It will be our permanent home as soon as the business is sold. We decided on the ATV 19.6 internal, with some optional extras, single bunks, cafe dining, led lights, dometic vacum flush toilet, washing machine. What we are asking ,is there anything else we should be thinking of or deleting, before we place the order, because having these things done during the construction of the van is the way to go. Any advice would be appreciated.

Happy thoughts

Mal and Kerry

Hi Mal and Kerry

Spmething we added to our first Kedron (we are onto our second) was a diesel heater. On our second van it has been built in as part of the overall design. It is a wonerful feature, especially if you will be travelling in cold country.

Chris

Mal and Kerry,

If you look back through the forum a topic was put on that dealt with issue regarding if you were buying a new van what would you do different I think the title was. It definately assisted us when we were placing the order for our van.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

G`Day Mal & Kerry

I would add a Next G external aerial,definitely a diesel heater. External lights on all sides and gas bayonets fore and aft. And welcome to the Kedron family you will have a ball.

Cheers

Rick & Lea :thumbsup:

diesel heater is a must if you are married :biggrin:

They make the whole vanning lifestyle thing more than bearable,unless of course you can find an alternative that does not cost as much :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sellinup,

We are a bit behind you in the process of buying an offroad van. I have been lurking for a while on this and other websites. I recall reading the post mentioned by Laurie & Helen, "What would you do different?" and I took some notes from it to add to my "wish list". This list is attached in a Microsoft Word document. It may help you. Also, other respondees have mentioned diesel heaters. Here is a link to a heater recently released here...

Webasto ‘Dual-Top’ Heaters. www.webasto-outdoors.com/heating/dual-top/dual-top-rha-100.html

"The standard version of the Dual Top (combined air and water heater)… can be mounted underneath the vehicle, in the double floor as well as inside the motorhome!"

Regards, Phil.

Caravan_Preferences.doc

Hi OBdreamer,

We had the table in the dining area converted to a bi fold, this allowed the table to be folded back towards the wall of the van. Allso included a little cabinet under the table as well. Should of had this done when the van was built as it makes for HEAPS more room to move around in.

Next G ariel

• 2 weeks later...