Which colour cladding would you advise?

colnden

Having ordered our Kedron we have been discussing the benefits of the different colour of the exterior of the van.The wife likes the white, because it will help to keep the van cooler, i prefer the gold colour as i am the one to clean the outside and i feel this will show less dirt. The silver seems to be in the middle of our prefferences.

To those who have experience in these matters what advice would you give.

Hi Col & Den

We met at Lawnton a couple of weeks ago. As you know we have a white ATV and it does seem to keep cooler. Even if you go for the gold colour the dirt might be harder to see, but it`s still there :biggrin: Talk to Chris and Val they have a gold Topender.

Cheers

Rick & Lea :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply Rick and Lea. The wife prefers white as she thinks it will keep me gainfully employed keeping it clean and might make me a bit more hesitant to play in the dirt.

Safe travels.

Den n Col

People down the road are building a new house the roofer were there a week or so ago installing the new colourbond roof....guess what colour it was BLACK, I thought hello what planet are these people from. My curiosity got the better of me I went & spoke to the roofer & asked him about the colour & the supposed heat load it would put on the house... he came back & said basicly that with todays insulation materials it makes VERY little difference what colour you go for regarding the heat load.

Hopefully the guys on the production line will install the insulation material properly regardless of the colour you finally choose & heat load shouldnt be to much of an issue.

Just my two bobs worth.... wouldnt be a bad idea talking to a roofer in your area & getting his feedback

We do have the goldy coloured Top Ender and previously had a white.

It is much easier to keep looking fresh and clean in the gold; the red dust does not seem able to discolour in the same way it would with a white van.

I don't think it is any hotter than the white.... But it certainly looks lovely in the different colour.

One thing I have noticed is that a white van can have a lot of glare reflected off the sides, and when we are seated outside, I have to put my back to the van. With the coloured van the glare is noticeably reduced.

But it really comes down to your own preferences.

Chris

I collected my new Top Ender on the 2nd March and had chosen white because of the heat effect.

I was pleased to get an $800 refund for choosing white versus a coloured cladding.

Maybe not a lot in the big picture but goes towards quite a bit of fuel.

Hope this helps.

Chris Haywood

( new member )

Thanks for the replys. I think the insulation in the roof of a house is probably a bit better than a caravan, will go with the white to assist in the reflecting the heat, as Chris has said.Keeping it clean will just keep me out mischief for a while.

Den n Col

Another point guy's.

We have seen color vans that the color chips off and looks terrible, white is good!

Interesting comment Rod.

We have taken our van over some pretty rough and stoney roads especially in the last 12 months and the only chipping that has occurred is above the front window (this is covered by a padded bra on the coloured vans) and perhaps the awning arms (these are still white I believe).

Does anyone who's had a coloured van for some time have any comments, as we would be interested in the pro's and con's also.

Hi Guys,

Webby, our TE is that brownie colour. We have over 25,000 km on the van and much of that has been on dirt roads around the Gulf, Cape York and locally out of Cairns where we have an aversion to bitumen. The checkerplate at the front has little nicks in it but the paint is good. It has the padded protection above the checkerplate at the front. We have trashed one sacrificial stone guard. I used rock tamer rear flaps for a while but was not convinced they were that useful. Like yours, the awning arms are showing evidence of our travels.

Recently our van was at Kedron. We had the wheel bearings and couple of other things attended to. Tom, who had seen the "gravel rash" on our suspension remarked that it was evident that we had done a lot of dirt road work and what good condition the van was in. I have recently cleaned off the red dirt staining using Digger's rust and stain remover and the van looks shinny new save for the front checkerplate which is less shinny.

Last weekend I was under the van trying to determine the make and model of the shockers. No hope! The paint has gone and they are a lovely outback red colour!

If I was ordering another Kedron I would be really happy to stay with the present colour. I don't think there is any advantage or disadvantage. To my mind it's really just personal preferences.

Regards

Colin

Thanks for your response Colin. All good to know.

We have some grey awning arm protectors that we will use with the new van. They usually protect them really well.

I do like the coloured vans, but would probably go for the silver light colour. As you say - personal preference.

We do have some white missing on the front of our van mainly due to the lack of big time flaps on the car or van.

My comments on the color vans originated from one friend with a brown Kedron van without front bra buying touch up paint to cover road damage and another with Brown (not Kedron) having to do the same. Color looks good but our individual preference is for white. Are we all not different ???? Life has to be good for us it is the only one that we have :biggrin:

Someone we know ordered a top Ender at the same time as their new LC200 (just as we did!) and asked Toyota to send over to kedron the same paint the car was coloured in. A pearl white from memory. So both car and van are identical in colour. Pretty nifty.

We have no chips despite some pretty heavy travel up north of the Oodnadatta Track, and elsewhere. We do have the awning arm protectors.

Chris

Over the weekend I climbed up the front of my van and closely inspected the top front for chips. Yes, there is probably 20 or 30 very small nic's above the front padded bra which my aging eyes cannot see from ground level. There is also one larger one, shiny silver, where a big gibber from a passing vehicle flew over the top of the Landcruiser (Gayleen and I both ducked) and it hit the top of the van. It is about 5mm in diameter and even my eyes can see it from the ground.

Could someone advise me where I could get the awning arm protectors? Many thanks.

Colin