Dometic window update kits

RickA

Well I finally bit the bullet and fitted the Dometic window update kit over the last 2 days.The kit includes 4 furry worms??for the sides and top and bottom of the windows and 2 strips of chrome to cover the holes or slots in the top and bottom of the window. I had to vacuum and clean all the windows and frames as I did them so it was quite a long job. But now it is all done and I hope the Bugs and insects appreciate my hard work and stay the hell away from the inside of the van. ^_^

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi Rick,

You won't regret the effort you have made to instal the kit. Since fitting it we have spent 6 months travelling NT and WA with mossies and midgies attacking in lots of places. Maureen is really sensitive to Midgies, comes out in large welts. We had absolutely no problems with any insects getting inside the van during the whole trip.

Hi Rick,

You won't regret the effort you have made to instal the kit. Since fitting it we have spent 6 months travelling NT and WA with mossies and midgies attacking in lots of places. Maureen is really sensitive to Midgies, comes out in large welts. We had absolutely no problems with any insects getting inside the van during the whole trip.

This is good to hear. I have heard not-so-glowing reports from vanners whom have already fitted the mod kits and it made me think twice about going to the trouble. I purchased the furry worms from Bunnings years ago in anticipation of doing the job but procrastinated after hearing those bad reports.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Russ and Sue

Apparently the older kits did not include top and bottom furry bits. I don`t know if that would make a difference or not, I hope so. Lea scanned a copy of the fitting instructions into the puter so if you would like us to email them ,just let us know.

Cheers

Hi Russ and Sue

Apparently the older kits did not include top and bottom furry bits. I don`t know if that would make a difference or not, I hope so. Lea scanned a copy of the fitting instructions into the puter so if you would like us to email them ,just let us know.

Cheers

Good day Lea& Rick,

Where did you buy your kits? and if it is not to rude did you have to take a mortgage out for them,

Tom&Jackie Lake Mcdonald.

G`Day Tom & Jackie

No they were not expensive surprisingly.We have 4 long windows and 4 square? windows. And the cost through local Camec dealer who had to order them from Dometic was $96.20 all up. Unfortunately you cant get window "parts" direct from Dometic as they only sell whole windows to the public.We spotted the invoice on delivery and the price for the dealer was $54 so a nice little earner for them?? ;) You can buy lengths of furry worms from Bunnings ,but I don`t know wether it works out any cheaper.We went through Caravan repair centre in Caloundra Qld. If you get onto the Camec site ,they have a list of dealers.

Cheers

Rick & Lea

PS When you order them they will probably ask for the window code!! number. They are found on the top right corner,on the outside of the window. It starts with AGS xxxx.They are very small and hard to find.

G`Day Tom & Jackie

No they were not expensive surprisingly.We have 4 long windows and 4 square? windows. And the cost through local Camec dealer who had to order them from Dometic was $96.20 all up. Unfortunately you cant get window "parts" direct from Dometic as they only sell whole windows to the public.We spotted the invoice on delivery and the price for the dealer was $54 so a nice little earner for them?? ;) You can buy lengths of furry worms from Bunnings ,but I don`t know wether it works out any cheaper.We went through Caravan repair centre in Caloundra Qld. If you get onto the Camec site ,they have a list of dealers.

Cheers

Rick & Lea

PS When you order them they will probably ask for the window code!! number. They are found on the top right corner,on the outside of the window. It starts with AGS xxxx.They are very small and hard to find.

Thanks Lea&Rick,

I shall check out Bunnings offerings at Noosaville, I do not begrudge some one making a quid, but that was a nice mark up, I shall check the window no's any way for future reference, Ta, Tom&Jackie.

Good luck with Bunnings. We are only about 12 ks.from Lake Mac.So if you need a hand to fit the kit give me a PM. ;)

Cheers

Rick & Lea

G`day Mal & Kerry

I am sorry but you have to belong to the Secret Worm Club to know this stuff!! LOL.

I have attached 3 piccies of the furry worm/caterpillar.To take a photo of the furry bits (shortened version :) )is difficult because they are hidden from sight once installed. Basically they keep the bugs from crawling around the fly mesh and sides of windows when they are open. :wacko:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

post-108-0-12698700-1334374645_thumb.jpgpost-108-0-21780700-1334374679_thumb.jpgpost-108-0-45113400-1334374701_thumb.jpg

HI LEA and RICK.

Me thinks me can underconstumbel that now. If the bugs start geting the best of us we will know people who can fix

the problem. LOL. In the house we used to spray the screens with Toxic waste ( surface spray ) it seamed to work

ok, but now we try to limit it's use. Hope to catch up again in the not to distant future.

Regards MAL and KERRY.