Only 1 Week To Go Now

Mark n Deb

and it will not go fast enough iam sure, next Saturday we are off to Winton and back. We are all looking forward to this trip so much and it will be an experience for us all becasue Deb and i have not been west past Toowoomba before so it will all be very new.

Now if i remember Darryl told me about a pizza shop in Winton (the best pizza in Australia) so that will be a dinner for sure. We are amazed at the camp oven dinners on at Longreach, Winton and Charleville caravan parks aswell as poetry nights, yabby races and other events, the only parks we are staying in that has nothing on will be chinchilla and Mitchell. We decided to stay at Crows Nest caravan park for 2 nights before heading home after hearing so much about the hospitality there from other KOG members.

We look forward to catching up when we get back :thumbsup:

Hi Mark & Deb,

Crows Nest has been sold. The new owners take over on 1 July. Hopefully they're good cooks. :chef:

I know they have good taste, cos they're Kedron owners !

I feel a Christmas at Crows Nest coming on :thumbsup: Watch this space !

Hi Mark

I think you will find the pizza place at Winton is closed now I told darryl about it and a few years back he went there but last year passing thru Winton we were directed to the pub in one of the side streets and it just wasnt the same.

The cafe that Darryl is talking about is directly opposite the Northern Gregory hotel it may have reopened I dont know if it has it is definately worth a pizza they were expensive BUT worth every cent with slabs of steak on it rather than mince

At Chinchilla have you considered the free camp at the weir with free power and allowed to stay for 48 hrs good fishing spot for the kids to keep them occupied

Regards

Have a wonderful trip! And I expect not only a trip report but photos to match, now that Glen is becoming a digital photography whizz-kid.

I agree with kimbo's recommendation of the Chinchilla Weir. It is a nice spot, not far from town, on bitumen, and for those who get there early enough, free power! There are toilets but no showers.

We were there in July last year (or was it August?). Not too crowded at that time, but boy was it cold at night! Lucky we had the Webasto heater at that time.

Chris and Val

HiMark & Deb

If you call into Barcaldine Graham Rogers usually plays at one of the 2 van parks there - I reckon he is great value.

Winton is a very nice little town, I'm sure you will have a great trip so have a good one. :biggrin:

cheers

Darryl

Hi Mark & Deb,

We also recommend the Chinchilla Weir campground.

Just watch out for the roos on the road just before you turn in - cost me last July but that will teach me to drive at night! I'll be looking for them this year now I have the bull bar ;-)

We go there late at night and didn't bother with the power but my preferences is these over caravan parks.

http://photos.bellette.net/pic.asp?D=photo...;F=P1010007.jpg

http://photos.bellette.net/pic.asp?D=photo...;F=P1010008.jpg

Chris, interesting you were there last July? We stayed on the 6th July, do you recall your dates?

Mark & Deb,have a fantastic trip! And we'll have to catch up when you get back.

We've run out of the Egglant and Plum/Tomato Chilli sauces from the Bramble Patch already so another trip is in order!

Hi David,

I think a few of the KOG were there at some point over July/August last year, on our return from the Burdekin Gathering.

We were there on 24 Aug and had only one other neighbour. Great spot. Couldn't believe the free power.

The night before, we were at Wallumbilla Showgrounds about 35 klms this side of Roma - again with free power. Little gems those places, aren't they...

David,

Our trip diary says we were there on 16 and 17 July! How about that!

Chris

Chris, you missed us by 10 days - weren't you lucky! ;-)

Sue, little gems they are - looks like it might be back on the agenda this year - and now I have an extra one I don't think I had listed. Thank you very much :-)

Sue, thanks for that info, i certainly hope the food will be as good i have heard, thats the reason i wanted to stay 2 nights but then if Kedron owners will be the park owners things should be just as good, they have good taste to start

Kimbo, mums the word to Anthony about the Pizza now, his birthday is the last night in Winton and loves Pizza so we will have to source another place to go. We have Debs aunty travelling with us and she is in cabins, if just us we would probably think about it. Thanks for the info tho mate much appreciated.

Chris, Thanks for the wishes sorry iam not a good one for trip reports but should have a few pics and hope to give the video camera a work out, its been in its case since our Camberra trip last September.

Darryl, Barcaldine will probably be a short stop for food or fuel, Unfortunately school holdays are not long enough, accept for the Xmas ones but that may be our Tassi trip next year

Dave or was it Jane using all that sauce, mate i just want to get back and have that Reef & Beef again, i can taste that garlic creal sauce now :biggrin: hey just looking at the Emoticons and waht does this remind you off :gathering: LOL Mark should recognize it. Did you get my email with date suggestion for another trip down there, we dont have to many chances till next year and if i get another job we may have even less.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are back and what a trip, thanks Darryl and mate you are rite as there is so much more to do and on offer out west.

I gave Alex (for those who have not met us she is our 13YO daughter) the chance to do the trip report, she has hand writen it and now all she has to do is to type it up then ill post it.

If i was asked where was the best place, i would have to say every spot was as good as the last and the people we met the same, yes even when the Blackers found us in Longreach, it was good to catch up with them again.

Hi Mark, Deb & Family

Glad you had a great trip, thought you would as we enjoy Outback QLD - part of the many joys in living up here in the best State as was so proven at State of Origin once again ,but I digress. :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to reading Alex's trip report and to see how the kids enjoyed the Dinosaur displays at Richmond etc.

Cheers

Darryl