The Day has finally arrived

Steve and Kez

Well, it’s been 5 years in the planning and now the day has finally arrived.......... We have now started on day 1 of our adventure around, though, zigzagging and criss-crossing Australia for the next 12 months or so before we start our working holiday.

So we will try and keep you posted on the mischief we get ourselves into.

Night 1 has been fantastic as we found a very nice (and free) spot to settle in and have a camp fire and a few light refreshments (see attached pics)

Cheers

Steve & Kez

post-1024-0-10493300-1324430961_thumb.jp

post-1024-0-42786500-1324431015_thumb.jp

post-1024-0-49033800-1324431081_thumb.jp

Steve & Kez,

Wendy & I would like to wish you both all the best for your adventure, should you any dramas may they be small ones!

Best wishes also for the upcoming holiday season..... hoping to see you down the road one day.... when will you be in Tassie?

WWe get the ferry on the 30th of this month, staying about 3 weeks then flying home for a few weeks then returning mid Feb for a few more weeks.

Thanks Wendy and Tony,

Best wishes to you and your families also.

We are heading to Qld breifly and then to Tassie. We are looking at going over around the 2nd week in Feb for 6-8 weeks. We must try and catch up.

Hi Steve & Kez

Congratulations on heading off to where ever. We spent 3 months in Tassie a couple of years ago; what a beauriful place to travel.

We might run across each other somewhere. All the best and travel safe.

Peter & Margaret

Steve and Kez,

you have certainly got the hang of it all quite quickly! That looks like a lovely van and a suitable spot for such a special van.

I would love to know where the spot is...PM me with the details if you prefer not to put it out into the ether. Or put it in the Owners Only section.

Chris

Steve & Kez - Enjoy your trip! The photos you have posted look like you have gotten off to a great start and found a beautiful spot. May all your sites be as fantastic and the wind always blowing from behind!

Merry Christmas and happy safe travels

Sue

Hello All

Thank you all for the best wishes for our adventure, we are certainly looking forward to making the most of it and hope to catch up with any of you who cross our path along the way.

For those of you who have asked and PMed us ...... the beautiful spot is Wallabadah Rest area on the New England Hwy(NSW)about 70Kms south of Tamworth (site 181 in the camps 5 book).

Merry Christmas all

Thanks Steve and Kez. I hope we see you there sometime! (Or anywhere for that matter...)

I have added it to the document I created starting years ago, which contains all the good spots people on various forums have mentioned. It is now 57 pages long.

Chris

Lordy me, it is a big document now. I will think about where it is best placed to put here on the forum. I am thinking though that I will only put it on the closed section of the forum. Would that be a problem for anyone?

Chris

Hi,

Congrats on your trip, sounds fantastic, very envious.

I notice you are towing with a Patrol 4.2 and was wondering how you find it to tow the Topender? have you had any mods done to improve the performance...power, torque, overheating, etc? I would be interested to hear what you think?

Regards

Evan

That would be a great choice Chris ....... Thank you

Done! The document is in the Trip/Gathering Planning and Reports section of the forum.

As I note there, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information as it has been collated from other people's suggestions. Some spots have photos where those were available.

Chris

Hello Evan,

Yes my tow veh is a turbo intercooled 4.2 Patrol. While the veh has a lot of mods done to it to inprove "off road" capability. I have done very little engine wise. In regards to engine mods, all I have done is a 3" exhaust which did make a vast improvment and yes I an happy with the veh for many reasons.

If you wish to know more please feel free to email me or call me as I dont wish to start a debate on 4wds on here.

Cheers

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the reply. I have sent an email to you.

Regards

Evan

Hello Evan,

Yes my tow veh is a turbo intercooled 4.2 Patrol. While the veh has a lot of mods done to it to inprove "off road" capability. I have done very little engine wise. In regards to engine mods, all I have done is a 3" exhaust which did make a vast improvment and yes I an happy with the veh for many reasons.

If you wish to know more please feel free to email me or call me as I dont wish to start a debate on 4wds on here.

Cheers