This year's travel blog is up and running

RussnSue

Hi Russ n Sue

many thanks for the link to a great read with the 1st installment of your travels.

I think I'd be stir crazy after 9/12 of being continuously on beck & call to guests 24/7 too.

You've certainly earned your much anticipated holiday.

Will wait with anticipation to read more of your adventures.

Stay safe & cool & I hope you have a ball.

cheers

Sue

Will wait with anticipation to read more of your adventures.

Stay safe & cool & I hope you have a ball.

cheers

Sue

Thanks Sue. I hope to knock out a new chapter every few days. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Russ

G'day Russ and Sue,

That is a good read. I can relate to your nine months, seven day routine and the toll (excuse the pun) it takes on you. In a former life I worked seven twelve hour days from Easter to the end of the first week in October. I did that for seven years. Poor Jazz! Jazz could have fitted in somewhere.

Those temperatures are unbearable. I note that yesterday it was 49 degrees in Birdsville! Any news on that matter?

We have resident Curlews here in Cairns. We had two friends from New York staying. Before arrival they had read all the Bill Bryson books on Oz and were terrified to touch anything. On their first night the curlews started and the two of them flew out of the guests room saying "What's that? What's happening? Wuzzers!

Enjoy your travels and I wish you mild weather and a following breeze.

Colin

Well done Russ n Sue.

Look forward to the next installment.

Cheers from the Kyd's.

Loved reading your Blogg and now are hanging out for episode 2.

Completely agree with your Alcatraz reference - we had been hanging out for our release too and shot out of Karratha at 4am on Dec 21st - didn't even hang around to see if you guys were going to catch us for a coffee! Sorry we just had to get away. :-)

All the best and happy travels - hopefully catch up with you when you return.

Sue

A really good read - well written! I like the audio component. (I grew up in Kakadu and the curlews were a feature of every night).

I look forward to the next edition.

Chris

No worries Chris. I've been very busy on a secret project on the Kedron, but is now finished and will become a thread in its own right. It also means that I have time to get stuck into the Blog.

Cheers

Russ

OK Chris, you shamed me into it....lol.... latest blog post is up! Russ Sue's Blog

I was happily reading, got all interested in the "Worra" camp and how it turned out, and .....nothing! This is like a serial, where you have to wait, with bated breath for the next instalment.

Get moving over there so we know how it turns out!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the posts Russ,

Your blog is a delight to read, we (Ann and myself) always enjoy your travel tales a great deal. Not too sure where you might be now but if you're ever looking to base yourself near Perth for a bit be sure to give us a call, we've stacks of room.

Glad to hear you have a new GoPro sorry to hear about the demise of your first, great piece of gear, particularly the newer Black Edition.

Keep the stories flowing and enjoy the journey.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!

Yes folks, after a very long delay, the next issue of the travel Blog has been posted. Enjoy what some have said is a good read and yet my Daughter (God bless her) describes as "Utterly effing boring, Dad". The Loo with a View

Cheers

Russ

Phew.... I had been waiting in anticipation for the next episode. I thought you guys must have gotten lost somewhere, or was just having too much fun :lol: Ian has just made me a coffee so it is off for a read right now!

Hi Russ & Sue,

Been waiting myself, but knew you were busy on the road. Have to respectfully disagree with your daughter, Ann and I always enjoy reading your very well written musings.

Just a quick off topic note, am now the owner of 4 Winston LP12V90AH's now for the associated work....

Travel safe...

John

Bumpety bump!

Another issue of the blog has been posted. Nothing like a drizzly, grey, day for sitting in the van and catching up on the homework! There are two Gladstones?

Cheers

Russ

• 3 weeks later...