oil for new chev?

Danny and Sue

Hi Danny,

Congrats on your upcoming purchase.......what I find a little weird is your spending 125k plus & only doing this research days before you pick it up.

I'm sure your new Chev will be a great vehicle........... Im currently looking/doing the research on a new Ftruck..... will keep buying lotto tickets :D :D

Hello Danny,

The handbook says you have to use an engine oil with a API rating of CJ-4. ALL the reputable oil companies have this rated oil in their everyday range and it is stocked in every auto parts store, so don't stress,

Cheers

Steve

Hello Tony,

I am surprised to see that you are interested in a "F Truck". Are you aware they call them a "Truck" because that's how they feel to drive?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Danny

I can't help you with the adblu I removed mine just after I got my chev and as for the oil the spec calls for a CJ-4, and I have been bying it from Cummins Deasel for the last 3 years

Called Premiun Blue Extream 15-w40 made by Valvolin, and Cummins are in most capitol cities, I have also noticed that the spec CJ-4 is starting to appear in the Supercheap

stores too in other brands or oil.

Regards a different Tony

Hello Danny,

The handbook says you have to use an engine oil with a API rating of CI-4. ALL the reputable oil companies have this rated oil in their everyday range and it is stocked in every auto parts store, so don't stress,

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve I think you will find that API Rating CI-4 was for pre 2011 chevs that did not have the Adblu set up on them and they went to API CJ-4

looks like i pressed the wrong button there a few times..

yes it is CJ4 but not available in the supacheap etc shops in mildura..should be no probs getting it at the truck outlets around the country..valvoline/cummins might be the best option..

thanks Tony.

cheers Danny

Hello Tony,

I am surprised to see that you are interested in a "F Truck". Are you aware they call them a "Truck" because that's how they feel to drive?

Cheers

Steve

I can't say I agree with you there, Steve.

I towing 4.5t around with an F450 and it feels like a luxury car to me!

Hi Kakadu,

Yes you are correct. I will wear my glasses next time ......... LOL. It is still readily available in most places. I have never had a problem sourcing it.

Hi CV Tripper,

Its just a bit of Holden / Ford rivalry .................. all in the spirit of fun.

Hello Danny and Sue,

AdBlue is readily accessible from BP stations especially those that have a bit od truck traffic. It is also often available from its own bowser. I purchased 20 L a day ago in Maryborough for $70 and I think that was more expensive than normal.

The AdBlue tank holds 21 L . If it gets low it sends you a message via the instrument panel when it gets to 1,600 km remaining and, if you ignore it it keeps sending the message.

Being the sophisticated vehicle that they are there is a totally new management method to master. It is quite different to managing my 100 Series.

I reckon we should start a Chev & GMC and Dodge and F Truck forum on this site. Then we could all share information. And, I reckon there will be a lot more Kedron owners with these vehicles in th Eyecare ahead.

Regards

Colin

Hello Colin,

If I were you, I would look a bit further for your adblue as I always buy it in 20Lt drums and I have never paid more than $42.00. In fact I just purchased 20Lt in Broome (where everything is twice the price) for $31.00.

I have found that a lot of truck stops have "Off the Pallet" types specials, mostly on 10Lt drums and I have seen it as cheep as $9.95 for 10Lts.

Cheers

Steve

$1.00 a litre

/>http://www.colesexpress.com.au/shell-fuels/adblue%C2%AE.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjwk_OhBRD06abu3qSoxlwSJACt7sZ7hgyq608_v70xdRwTS3W4-gydK2hArCPbFoPZEGe

Basically water
/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_exhaust_fluid

The joys of modern motoring :D

I am like Kakadu and am very glad that I don't have it. It fell off the trucks computer............along with the DPF....? Two less things to be concerned about plus I have given it an extra 40 horses for towing.

Merv