4 sleeps to go

sellinup

Sooooooo excited, only 4 sleeps to go before we pick up our NEW ATV2 on Friday.We have to be at Kedron factory about 8am so they can set up the tow pack etc on the 200 series landcruiser. whilst their showing us how everything works. They told us it would be about 1-2pm before we would be able to get away from the factory, so we decided to only travel back as far as Gympie and camp there for the night, then on to Hervey Bay the next morning. Then it will be the fun part of seeing what we can get in the van without going overweight. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Happy thoughts

Mal & Kerry

Hi Mal & Kerry,

What a great Xmas present, it would be pretty hard to beat that. :laugh:

We would be interested to hear what you guys put into the vans interior exterior.

Congrats, and all the best on your big day.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi Mal & Kerry

Congratulations :thumbsup:

If you don't want to travel too far in the Friday afternoon traffic, try the Lawnton Showground for your first night so you can enjoy your new creation without having to rush. It's only a few km from the factory.

Peter & Margaret

And now it is three sleeps! How vexing to make you wait like this. :laugh:

It is the best feeling, that first night sleeping in your new Kedron. We took our new van up to Wivenhoe Dam for its first night out of the factory - a wonderful view of the lake greeted us constantly from under the awning, and from the dining table window.

We need a trip report from you soon.

Chris

Headed back to Brisbane tonight, our turn for the excitement to start, only 4 sleeps to go until we pick up our ATV2 on Thursday. Ann comes over on Wednesday, but I will have plenty to keep me busy till then, getting the last of the essential supplies. :biggrin:

Picking up our van

Arrived at factory 8am friday morning, (what an exciting day) they had about a half an hours work to do to the van, then Graham took us to our van and spent the next four hours going through every single thing explaining how it works, and what to touch and what not to touch, they had made changes on the carpentry side of thing, and moved the microwave over the sink instead of over the stove, included a spice rack at the end of the bench, door entry,on the outside of the shower wall made a cabinet for key rings and magazines.

We opted for single beds to gain a bit more space, and a 1800 watt inverter wired in to power points. had a diesel heater fitted, went to a 22" TV. While Graham was explaining the ins and outs of the van, Ben was working on the tow pack on the 200 series cruiser, we had the 6 ton mchitch fitted, camera put on the back of the van, the stud pattern on the van matched to the Cruiser, extra jerry can holder on the A frame and a lot of little extras such as drop down table etc.

There a quite a few little changes Kedron have done, and now we cant remember what they were, all we can remember is Graham saying every now and again Merry Xmas something for nothing, if we had known this we would have taken a tape recorder lol. We left the factory at about 12 midday , after a demo run around the block, even though we left early enough to drive straight home, we decided to camp overnight Gympie,and try out our new toys, and celebrate with a bottle of bubbly. Everything worked well, the cruiser towed the van with ease. All in all a very pleasant experience,made more memorable due to the staff at Kedron. Now we have got two weeks to pack van up for our two weeks holiday at Xmas. If someone can tell us how to put photos on the forum, we will do that. We keep looking at it in the backyard, and arhhhhh.

Jaygee hope Thursday is very exciting for you also

Happy thoughts

Mal and Kerry

Congrats Mal & Kerry.

Now the adventure begins

All the best for Christmas and the year to come.

Get out there you two. Hope we see you on the road. :thumbsup:

Hi Mal & Kerry,

There is a photo section on KOG. Just look down to the Members Only areas and you will see a subject for Members Photos. Just start a new thread in there and call it Mal & Kerry's van or similar.

There is also a help document on how to add photos in our Forum Help Topics under the heading "Adding A Picture To A Message".

Let me know if you have any problems and I would be happy to assist.

The only thing I ask is that you reduce the size of your photos before uploading. They don't have to be real small. Perhaps something like 1366 x 768 (approx 200 KB).

We would love to see pics of your new baby.

Thanks Mal and Kerry,

Only a couple of sleeps to go now. I think I'm all shopped out, If I don't have it by now it can't be that essential, besides I'm stranded, ARB Nundah has my 200 Series Sahara fitting the sub tank Toyota should have fitted in the factory... Grrrr

Hi Mal & Kerry

Uploading to the avatar section should reduce it to the correct size for you, but only from a reasonably small size to start.

I have attached here some instructions from our Forum Help Topics on uploading an Avatar.

If you still have problems and would like to send it to me, I will reduce the size for you and email it back.

Email - webmaster@kedronownersgroup.com

I had a quick look at your pic in our Photos section. Very nice ! Looking forward to some inside pics now. I had to reduce the size of your pic though as it was still quite big. If you let me know what Operating System you are using, I might be able to point you in the direction of a quick picture resizer.

Cheers